Intra-company Transferee

The staff of a foreign office of a public or private institution with a head office, branch, or other office in Japan will be transferred to an office in Japan for a fixed period of time, and will conduct science, engineering, and other natural sciences at the office. Activities that engage in work that requires skills or knowledge belonging to the field of study (equivalent to “technical status”) or activities that require knowledge that belongs to the fields of law, economics, sociology, or other humanities. (Resident status equivalent to “humanities / international affairs”). Applicable examples are transferees from foreign establishments.

Ministry of Justice